Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sketchbook Challenge

I have joined the flickr group for the Sketchbook Challenge and plan to add at least one photo of my sketchbook per week. I was inspired by Lyric Kinard to add drawing to my list of goals for 2011. I have been keeping sketches of various items I thought that I would like to make, including dolls, vests, art quilts, jewelry, etc.  These are scattered in any number of books, some real artists sketchbook, others any old notebook or diary that was handy. I seriously doubt that at this moment I could even locate all of these books.  I have never gotten into the habit of keeping a journal with me at all times, so I tend to just put notes on whatever paper I have with me.  Some make it into more permanent locations, but most do not.  I am challenging myself to draw something each day. Right now I am not going to narrow the focus, but at some point it will probably make sense if I want to really improve my skills. 

No comments: